Legal Case Management Software:
Why Is It The Need Of Law Firms In Today’s Times
Legal Case Management software enables the user to manage, store and track legal cases and records, including contacts, documents, and related information.
A legal case management software is opted for by any law firm which wants to evolve itself technologically and upgrade from the contemporary paperwork mode to a software-driven technical mode of working.
The latter saves money and time considerably while leveraging the law firm’s profitability; hence, it is gradually becoming the top choice of law firms willing to change and evolve themselves technologically.
The paperwork mode of working has facilitated the functioning of the legal industry so far. Still, with the gradual increase in expectation of clients along with the rise in work domains of law firms, it is essential that the firms go for case management software as continuing with the former mode of working will no longer help the law firms deliver on-time work with accuracy in today’s challenging times.
However, notwithstanding the many pros of using software for legal firm operations, many firms have inhibitions of taking up the change primarily due to concerns about the high cost and reluctance to change.
If these are overcome, choosing legal case management software can become a game-changer for the firm.
As a legal firm decides to go the tech way, the next obvious task for it would be to decide on the software that best fits its firms and clients’ needs.
The following are a few of the key features that a law firm should consider while choosing a tech solution for its operation. An ideal software solution should accommodate all or most of the following:
- Form and Document Templates
- Cloud-Based Platform
- Client Billing Platform
- Time tracking Platform
- Email Management
- Calendar and Scheduling Platform
- Document Tracking and Management
- Filesharing feature
- Data Security Enabled
- Search enabled for case references
- Access to articles and jurisdictions facilitating case research
- Client portal and feedback section
- Collaboration and Communication Platform
- Notes Section
Now that we are aware of what good a software solution can do for a law firm’s operations let’s list down the key benefits of using legal case management software.
The ten key benefits of using case management software are as follows:
- Better Team Collaboration & Communication: With a standard platform being used, the legal firm’s team can communicate and collaborate amongst themselves seamlessly, which further enhances team coordination.
- Convenient Information Sharing: A legal software platform ensures easy exchange of information between the team members, thereby ensuring that the information shared is accurate.
- Communication with Clients made easy: The common communication platform between the team members and the client facilitates direct contact, thereby ensuring transparency and timely communication between the legal team and the client.
- File Organization & Data Retrieval: Unlike the manual way of maintaining files and investing hours in retrieving them when needed, the software stores and organizes files in a way that they are just a click away. This saves time and effort alike.
- Manage Deadlines: The organizer in the case management software helps the legal team manage deadlines of deliverables and recording progress which can be further shared with the client.
- Data Security Adherence: Information saved and organized in software is more secure than physical files, which can be assessable to all. In software, the data can be password protected or saved in the cloud to ensure it is not lost and is readily available for authorized personnel only when needed.
- Remote working possible: A lawyer/attorney often needs to travel and work remotely. With legal software in place, all files stored are accessible whenever and wherever needed. This facilitates remote access of team members as and when required.
- Time tracking & Billing: A software helps keep track of the clocked person-hours and facilitates providing input for client billing. This way, the firm is less likely to lose track of billable time and miss client invoices.
- Ahead of Competitors: A law firm using legal software always stays ahead of its rivals and competitors.
- Happy Clients: With all of the above benefits to vouch for, isn’t happy clients the most apparent outcome? After all, who would not like to associate with a legal firm and team which is organized, stands up to and exceeds the client expectations, meets deadlines, and is super professional when dealing with its clients?
With all of the above, we can safely conclude that a legal case management software that best fits into the firm’s business model will undoubtedly contribute to its profitability and growth in the long run.
In case you need assistance from your legal firm, look no further. You may bank upon our team of attorneys, paralegals, writers, and VA’s who have rich experience in their respective domains along with expertise in working and collaborating using the industry’s best case management software.